The Banquet Server will be responsible for preparing the tables and banquet area before guests arrive for an event and clearing the tables and banquet area after the guests depart.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service.
- Serve all food and beverage items for assigned banquet venue.
- Have full knowledge of beverage lists and menu items being served.
- Assist guests inquiries regarding menu items in an informative and helpful way; promptly direct all dietary specifications to management.
- Follow all banquet policies, procedures and service standards.
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverages.
- Partake in regular housekeeping tasks.
- Provide support to other departments and staff as required.
- Previous service experience an asset.
- Food Safety Handling and Smart Serve certified.
- Previous industry or educational background in hospitality an asset.
- Previous point of sale system experience an asset.
- Must be able to work various shifts, including weekends, holidays and early mornings; shifts range from 4-10 hours in length.
- Must have a reliable source of transportation.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities.
- Highly responsible and reliable.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team.
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
- Physical requirements: constant standing and walking throughout shift; lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs.; occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Customer focused for service excellence!
To Apply: Qualified applicants, please submit your resume and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org