The Retail Captain acts as the main support to the Retail Operations Management. This position supports all of the daily operations of the multi retail outlets. This is an hourly position with benefits.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support the daily operations of multi-retail outlets including permanent restaurant/cafe, quick service, mobile units and cash bars.
- Oversee employees’ training, hiring, staff schedules and supervision.
- Coach and motivate staff during events.
- Responsible and accountable for tracking and producing detailed reports on inventories, sales revenue, food cost and labour.
- Ensure that all retail operations are in full accordance with government regulated Health, Safety, Quality Assurance, Occupational Health and Safety regulations and policies.
- Responsible for the strict adherence of Food & Beverage – Retail and building policies, internal controls and AGCO regulations.
- Provide support to other departments and staff as required.
- Post-secondary training from a recognized Food Service or Hospitality program and/or 3-5 years in a hospitality environment.
- Must be flexible with scheduling and available to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Reliable means of transportation.
- Sound knowledge of food, beverage, retail food service and event logistics.
- Excellent communication skills
- Detail oriented and self-motivated
- An ongoing awareness and responsiveness to client satisfaction.
- Ability to maintain purchasing and schedule software and POS programs.
- Strong comprehension of health, safety and occupational hazards.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of financial reporting.
- WHMIS, Smart Serve and Food Handlers certificate an asset.
To Apply: Qualified applicants, please submit your resume and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org