The Head Cashier acts as one of the main point of contact for the cash office. This position supports all outlets where cash is required in the retail or banquet setting. Must have experience in cash management and ensure all cash policies are enforced and adhered to; and to ensure the floats and daily deposits are reconciled correctly.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with other departments to determine float and small change requirements.
- Work closely with Operations department to determine their needs.
- Prepare cash floats for cashiers. Provide small change to cashiers as needed and “skim” cash to prevent build up of cash at the counter.
- Reconcile with cashiers at end of shift.
- Assist with problems, if any, with POS systems.
- Ensure Contractor’s Sales are reported and commissions collected.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Prepare cash deposits on a timely basis.
- Investigate discrepancies between POS system sales and actual cash received.
- Provide assistance to accounting as requested.
- Assist in supporting on duty cashiers.
- Do spot checks on cashiers to ensure all sales are entered and the “voids” are legitimate and reasonable.
- Provide support to other departments and staff as required.
- Experience in a hospitality environment is an asset.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge of Silverware and EBMS is an asset.
- Must be bondable (criminal check will be conducted).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated customer focus.
- Ability to work with minimal direction.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Similar experience
To Apply: Qualified applicants, please submit your resume and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org