Reporting directly to the Director of Events and Client Services this position will be responsible for set-up and tear-down of events throughout The International Centre.
Working rotating shifts and flexibility with scheduling will be required.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set meeting rooms and banquet functions per specifications or as given by the Manager (e.g. straighten chairs and replenish water requirements as requested).
- Ensure proper care, control, movement, and storage of meeting supplies, and equipment such as tables, chairs, and risers.
- Responsible for the set-ups/tear-down and installation of chairs, tables, ticket booths, staging, etc., for shows and events.
- Service meeting room upon customer request including locating and delivering convention material to designated location.
- Fix and repair equipment, as necessary, and advise Management of any broken or defective equipment.
Check and adjust heating and A/C as required.
- Work in a safe and competent manner.
- Work closely with the Engineering department, vendors, clients and customers; provide support to other departments and staff as required.
- Experience in a hospitality environment is an asset.
- One year material handler/client service relevant experience, ideally from a convention and/or conference centre.
Excellent customer service skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Detail oriented with a strong ability to accommodate and meet changing and competing deadlines.
- Self-starter with the ability to manage multiple tasks or projects.
- Valid and current forklift certification for operating counterbalance, scissor lift, and bucket lift.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment with varying weights on a regular and continuing
- May be required to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Available to work all shifts which include: evening, mid-nights, days, weekends and holidays.
- Required to work outside for extended periods of time.
- Required to climb on ladders etc. to increased heights.
To Apply: Qualified applicants, please submit your resume and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org